Saturday, August 19, 2006

Happy Coincidences

A few weeks back I was browsing TradeMe for Amy Butler fabrics (which I rarely do, because let's be honest, Amy Butler fabrics - or any other decent fabrics for that matter - tend to be as rare as hen's teeth on TradeMe!) and I happily came across a very pretty piece of AB flannel for sale. Much excitement ensued, and I began bidding on the fabric, intent to win the auction - and two pieces of oilcloth from the Wuthering Heights range that the trader also had for sale...this women was one stylish chick! As I read through the trader profile, I realised that there was a very good chance that I was intending on buying fabric from a local blogging buddy...and I was!

Long story short(er), I won the auctions, and the parcel arrived last week - and along with my winnings were a few other gorgeous flannel and AB goodies - how lucky am I? Thank you Megan...these are simply lovely, and I can't wait to put them all to good use! And the "official" thank you? Just for you, a sneak peek of this WIP...

And another WIP this week? Is she for you?

And another sewing lesson! This time I've been sewing with Kim (who has been working with me for the last seven weeks - and she is finishing her placement on Friday and I'm really going to miss her!), who has made a bag for a friend out of some pretty AB, Kaffe Fassett, and Kiwiana prints, lined with a silk shirt she ironed with a hot iron that was too hot...

And a new book! My copy of "In Stitches" by Amy Butler (of course) arrived from Amazon yesterday. A beautiful collection of 25 sewing projects (complete with patterns), including projects for the bedroom, kitchen, office, and just for girls...what will I make first!?

3 Comments:

At 11:42 am , Blogger Megan said...

Oh how intriguing!!!! It's already my most faourite birthday present, and I haven't even seen it yet!

 
At 8:30 am , Blogger lemonade sandwich said...

You have In Stitches already? Amazon in the US still lists it as not yet published. I did see an actual copy in the bookstore today and am drooling over it, but I'm trying to be good and wait to order it for less $$. It looks so yummy! Have you seen the new fabrics too? I am trying to contain myself.

 
At 2:20 pm , Blogger Megan said...

The bag arrived today Ellen and I just LOVE IT!!! Love it, love it, love it. Can't thank you enough, but I'll try - thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home