Friday, July 21, 2006

Presents for Charlotte

Cute shoes! I whipped these up the day after Charlotte arrived (wool felt and the prettiest oilcloth for the soul) using the free Bitty Booties pattern from HELLOmynameisheather - I have been home sick most of this week with the grottiest of colds which means that I can sew to my heart's content but I can't see my neice yet...not fair! HOPING (fingers and toes crossed) to see her Sunday but not confident at all that this will happen...sad, but I'd rather see her when we're well and there's no risk to Charlotte or her Mummy and Daddy.

And as I am confident that her Mummy and Daddy are FAR too busy to look at my blog, a WIP on the quilt:Just borders and backing and quilting to go (whew!)! Now that Charlotte's here and I know that she's a"she", I'll quilt the squares with hearts, just to pretty it up a little. Not that it needs it - I know I'm biased but I think it's lovely.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 pm , Blogger Em said...

Gorgeous, loving the bootees, and the quilt - absolutely beautiful. You are a talented woman. Hope you are feeling better really soon.

 
At 3:47 pm , Blogger Megan said...

It certainly is lovely, Ellen! It's going to look even more fabulouser (!?) quilted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home