Saturday, July 08, 2006

Whiplash Bag Challenge: Dorothy Bag





CATEGORY: Fancy

A
vintage inspired bag made from a scrap of feather printed fabric fron Cheeky Beaks, a $3/3m demin purchase from TradeMe, a few bits and pieces from my stash, and that gorgeous beaded fringe which I picked up at the local sewing centre which matches PERFECTLY.

A pink, chocolate, and denim creation inspired by, and named after, my Great-Aunt Dorothy who passed away earlier this week. Pictured above are the bag, and details of the button/ribbon tie, the interior (Moda + Amy Butler) and the beaded fringe. I loved making this bag (which borrows from the Amy Butler Nappy and Swing Bag patterns) and, as such,
I've decided to keep it...


whipup

6 Comments:

At 11:41 pm , Blogger Megan said...

It's beautiful!

 
At 2:11 am , Blogger Marti said...

Very retro fringe...looks great!

 
At 7:47 pm , Blogger Em said...

Gorgeous bag, and lovely inspiration. Having seen it 'in the flesh' this afternoon, it is even gorgeouser (if there is such a word) than the pictures show. Even my husband thought it beautiful.

 
At 8:36 am , Blogger Carina said...

Wow. The fringe is so beautiful!

 
At 3:36 pm , Blogger kirsten said...

Yay! Another kiwi! Love the nappy bag (and this one, too)

 
At 11:23 am , Blogger Kristen Doran said...

Wow! This is the first time I have seen someone else use my fabric - very exciting. I love your mix of fabrics and textures.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home