Saturday, July 08, 2006

Don't look Amelia!

Here's that post about the nappy bag I promised - a gift for my sister-in-law, who's first baby (my neice or nephew - although I have my money on "nephew") is due in about 3 weeks. I'm giving it to her tomorrow so I guess it's ok to post the pictures now...I'm always nervous about putting up pictures too early as I have no idea who reads my blog! Amelia chose the majority of the fabrics, but it was my choice as to how I put them together - and I love the colour combination, the cascading stripes (can you spell, "quick unpick"? Man, I must have ripped a million seams to get that right!) and the measuring tape detail on the front and the cellphone pocket (yes, a cellphone pocket - go Amy Butler for catering for the modern mother!).

Detail of fabrics on the front and on the back:

















Detail of interior and pocket, including an oilcloth pocket for wet items (NEVER AGAIN - my sewing machine HATED sewing that stuff and packed a sad every single time...and as my machine is behaving like a bear with a sore head anyway, the oilcloth didn't help!)




In other news, I've ordered my copy of Hillary's 3-in-1 pattern book - she sold out of the first printing in 10 MINUTES and offered a priority waiting list for a second printing which I made sure I was on! If you want one, she will make any leftover pattern books available for general sale so refresh regularly! And Marsy finally got my Magazine Swap parcel - head over to Lemonade Sandwich to check out the goodies!

AND - my WhipUp bag entry is done....check back later for the post!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 pm , Blogger Megan said...

She'll have the trendiest nappy bag of all the Mum's down at Plunket!

I'll swap you something for a bag if you like - don'e know what I have to swap though. If you can think of something you'd like let me know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home