Friday, June 23, 2006

When Good Mothering Goes Horribly Wrong

[Or, Why You Should ALWAYS Read The Recipe, Even if You Think You Know How to Bake Cookies]

[Or, 23 Delicious Reasons Why Daycare is Good for Children.]

We are enjoying a day wrapped up warm at home today...man, this winter trip is getting old! I'm sure everyone agrees that the perfect "at home" activity for a busy two year old is always chocolate chip coookies...I must have made these 900 times since Emma introduced me to her failsafe/idiot proof (HUH!) recipe. The mistake I made today was GUESSING how much flour is needed...and here we have a selection of delectable chocoloate chip wafers.

CeeJae was very philosophical and upbeat about the fiasco ("Don't worry about it, Mummy!"), although 3 kilos of cookie dough will do that to a boy, so we decided to eat and enjoy them anyway - and we saved some for Daddy, who will eat them regardless because they have chocolate in them. Poor CeeJae - doomed to have a sweet tooth.

And I made up for it by raiding my fabric scraps (yes, I keep the scraps) so we could spend the next hour gluing, stapling, and cutting to make these pretty pictures:

While he's asleep (fingers crossed - not sure if the cookie dough will be a help or a hindrance!) I plan to get in a bit of sewing - the nappy bag is almost done (thanks to a very productive quilt class earlier in the week), and I have a few other bits and pieces to get on with. Many of which will be topics for next week!

Oh, and this gorgeous hat is a little gift from Jewels - thank you, it's been perfect for this hideous weather!

4 Comments:

At 9:34 pm , Blogger Em said...

Too funny! I bet those choc chip wafers were yummy despite being a little different than you expected. Baking with small people is great, and they invariably think any results are fabulous (even when they are less than perfect), very good for the ego - not so good for one's waist line. Love to see the quilts.

 
At 10:52 pm , Blogger Em said...

Oh c0d3monk33, so sorry to hear you missed out. Would you like me to ship some to you? Can't guarantee they would be of the 'safer' variety though... ;-)

Em

 
At 10:54 pm , Blogger Em said...

oh poo, I meant 'wafer' not 'safer' but that has rather different connotations doesn't it!

 
At 5:01 pm , Blogger Megan said...

Everytime I see those biscuits, I think they actually look quite yum. Can't believe you ate all of them though! Poor old Dad.

Thanks for encouragement re. book. You sound like my sister (a project management consultant!!), which is no bad thing because she is both successful and, well, my sister.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home