Thursday, March 16, 2006

The fab-wics are here!

[The title of this post is a reference to a visit to Patchwork Passion last week with my Mum and Dad - we pulled up outside and CeeJae lent over to my Dad and said in big loud voice, "You better wait here Grandpa - I'm just going inside to get my fab-wics!". How cute is that!]


A little parcel arrived for me today from Kimberley at the Fat Quarter Shop - 16 fat quarters from the lime and aqua Flea Market Fancy fabrics! Stunning. And so me!!! I can't believe the service and value from the FQ Shop - absolutely outstanding. Jewels bought the "mustard and chocolate" fabrics and will hopefully have them here for me to see tomorrow...photo to follow.


Additional to the aforementioned brief visit to Patchwork Passion last Thursday (Mum is making a beautiful quilt with a selection of yummy reds and Japanese fabrics), Jewels and I headed out to Calico Cottage for a second attempt last Friday...the service was much more receptive, and the range still amazing. New purchases included the aqua dragonfly's and coordinating Japanese fabric and orange dots which you can see here made up into a little laundry bag (right), along with a little bag in the pink and lime's I bought there last time (and which I have given to Mum today as a little present!). CeeJae is very jealous and has requested that the red truck "fab-wic" he chose is IMMEDIATELY made into a little bag too - which I must get around too! I have been thinking about making a few little laundry and peg bags to sell at the local craft market - but I'm not too taken with the idea of more things to do so will wait and see where that plan goes!

Other spoils this week have included a $13 collection of offcuts and sale fabrics from the "Growing Up" store in Manakau Rd - which is sadly going out of business. I picked up a range of bits and pieces including two denims, a piece of calico, waffle fabric offcuts (which I love - and will be so cute for some new soft toys) and bits of upholstery fabrics which will all be washed and added to that evergrowing stash...

Really must post more often - too much to tell you all! Remember to send me photos of your "Pretty Pointy Kitty's" to post and check out the new free bunny pattern at Wee Wonderfuls...too adorable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home