Saturday, February 25, 2006

Visting Calico Cottage




On the advice of one of the lovely lady's in my quilt group, Kelly (another lovely lady in my quilt group) and I (and our three little monsters) embarked on an adventure this morning, to visit Calico Cottage in Forest Hill Rd. While the service wasn't the warmest (perhaps something to do with three bored children, who, in all fairness were actually very well behaved and quite happily entertained by the resident dog and her ball), the range of fabrics is absolutely outstanding and the 20% discount sale (which sadly finished today) made it well worth the trip - thank goodness Kelly was driving as I have NO IDEA where we actually went! We agreed that next time we will make the journey sans children as I suspect we will then have more time to browse through the wonderful fabric and pattern selection - which includes at least one of absolutely everything - and also enjoy a quiet coffee in a local cafe...what a wonderful idea, Kelly! Purchased for my stash were a gorgeous selection of six 30's inspired red's and greens, a bright pink and green stripe and matching dot (for a laundry bag) and three pretty pink's (one being an Amy Butler stripe, I think), all of which I simply love and will add to the collection - oh and a bulldozer and digger piece chosen by CeeJae which will be a cushion for his bed...one day. Hmmmm....

And finally, the prettiest selection of cushions I have EVER seen, as shown in the latest Better Home and Garden's magazine. Beautiful. This is a fantastic and inspiring magazine and website with lots of free patterns and ideas...great stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home