Saturday, January 28, 2006

So few hours, so much to do.


Have been busy collecting the final fabrics needed for ANOTHER new quilt (why do we do this to ourselves!?) which will be thirty cordinating chocolate and pink stars on 18"x18" squares...I bought the pattern ages ago from Patchwork Passion on the day it arrived in (I love it THAT much) and have been slowly adding to the fabrics for the past months. The inspiration to get started on the stars has been pretty simple - I have been unable to find a pattern which I think does justice to my newly acquired and rather extensive collection of Amy Butler's (and I'm not looking forward to cutting them!) and I wanted to make a series of fabric canvas' for CeeJaes room and decided to go with the stars. Fortunately Jewels was here to help me! The three canvas' are now complete and, while not fantastic, are, after all, my first attempt and something reasonably cool for his walls - which currently having NOTHING on them!


Have also begun the process of choosing a series of vintage inspired fabrics for a coordinating cot quilt, nappy stacker and nappy bag which will be a present for BabyGee (my neice/nephew who will be here in July) - so cute! BabyGee's Mother is a big Kate Fitzpatrick fan so I purchased a piece from the American Vintage range yesterday and will even brave the crowds and head along to the closing down of the Manukau Rd store sale on Monday...they're moving their base of operations to Cambridge, so either way, I win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home