Thursday, November 23, 2006

This One's For You, G-Man

[The title of the post refers to a recent conversation with my very best friend's fiance - where he casually admitted to reading my girly CRAFT blog! I am very amused - and deeply humbled. Thank you G-Man, for your tireless support and devotion to the cause. Hopefully, the Grade A Sarcasm and the mention (in the TITLE of this post, no less) will warrant a comment?]

This week I'm working on a "Johnny and Buck" quilt for Baby Issac (who was born about 2 months ago, but better late than never, right?). The name refers to small number of fabrics featured from the "Johnny and Buck" range from Moda - which I have not had a lot of success in finding as they're a few years old now. I'm undecided on including the yellow, especially as the yellow fabrics are quite "pretty" - and so I picked up a handful of red and green (or is it blue? Man, that colour is hard to match!) fabrics from Patchwork Passion, while at my Quilt Class on Tuesday night. Where I should have cut this quilt out. But I didn't. I gossiped and shopped instead. My bad.

Marsy's bag is FINALLY done - and it's winging it's way to you right now, Marsy! No photos to post obviously, as the surprise would then be ruined...but watch this space. Hope you like it Marsy!

2 Comments:

At 4:39 pm , Blogger kirsten said...

Ellemae, at last I've found you again (found you once before and then lost you again)!! Do you know that your blog name isn't on your profile? And your user name links to your profile? It takes some sleuthing to find you!! Thanks for the nice comments on my quilt :)

 
At 8:53 am , Blogger lemonade sandwich said...

It arrived! Hooray, the bag and other goodies arrived yesterday. Thank you also for the book, I think we've read it 8 times in the 24 hours its been in the house. I love love love the bag so much. I will take pics soon and put them on my blog for more public acclaim, but if you have some too you should feel free to display your work to the world. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home