Saturday, December 23, 2006

'Tis The Season!

My Chocolate, Prune, Fig and Port Christmas Cake: Made in November, complete with a wooden spoon and a set of family wishes. Will try a bite this afternoon and let you know the verdict! As a rule I LOATHE Christmas cake, but add chocolate and I can very easily make an exception...

Our new favourite dessert: Apple tarte tartin. Simple AND delicious. Thank you Donna Hay!

Bitty Booties for Baby Charlotte: Happy Christmas, beautiful girl! More hand-made presents to post after Christmas (obviously) although, to be honest, I didn't get as many things made as I had hoped to. What WAS fun though was the Christmas Cooking Class attended by my sister, my sister-in-law and I a few weeks ago. Wayne is a fantastic chef and teacher and the recipes are inspired and divine...with the entire menu, including my contribution of the summer tomato tarts, a couscous/roast vegetable/feta salad, and strawberry and mascapone tarts, to be featured at the G-family Christmas Feast at Honeysuckle Cottage on Boxing Day. Stu and I have always taken turn about with our presence on Christmas Day and, this year, we're with his family for "the day" and mine for "the day after".

The big news in our house this year? Not our new baby, but the fact that Santa will actually arrive down our chimney tomorrow night AND that he will be bringing presents. While I am usually not the biggest fan of the stress and expectation associated with Christmas, there is something to be said for seeing the season through the eyes of a three year old - who is just as excited about giving the other gifts under the tree, as he is about receiving his own.

Perfect.

And may your holidays be perfect too.

Merry Christmas. xx

1 Comments:

At 3:06 pm , Blogger Monty&Muriel said...

Happy Christmas to you too ElleMae!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home