Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy Birth-day Britta!



As many craft aficionados will appreciate, I sat up late last night to finish a present for one of my closest friends who's second daughter, Britta, was born on Christmas Eve...an Amy Butler Nappy Bag for my friend and the cutest set of "Britta kitties" for her new baby. The exterior of the bag is completed in an upholstery fabric (of all things!) which matched the changing mat I gave my friend for her birthday, with the inside of the bag (cute polkadots) and the inside of the pocket (coordinating floral) in fabrics from Spotlight, and the cell phone pocket and inside pocket in Amy Butler's Midnight Awning Stripe.

I'm thrilled with the bag and the kittens are adorable - but I think it's time to take a break from nappy bags as this is my third and there are undoubtedly more to come! Projects for this month include finishing my first quilt (started in 2001 and only needs to be bound - how sad is that?), collecting the supplies for my Amy Butler Weekender Travel Bag, which I am doing in AB's Chelsea Rose and the Melon Awning Stripe
and getting started on my Mystery Quilt (which is a present for someone who will probably read this blog and thus can NEVER BE DISCUSSED AGAIN!)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home