Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Don't be a tool (roll)!

Check this out! AND I'm his "dear wife" - a blog post AND a compliment! I note, however, that I'm going to be asked to make another one but as yet, no formal request has been forthcoming...

The idea for a tool roll to store my dear husband's sculpting tools (don't ask) came about when I caught him rummaging around for a sharp blade in the current storage container - a catfood container. Not classy - and not safe. The pattern is an adaptation of one from the Lotta Jansdotter book (which, by the way, I HATED and, as such, immediately sent back to Amazon - nothing original, and not a patch on my AB In Stitches - in my humble opinion) and has a hardy denim exterior and equally hardy black drill cotton interior (a DKNY drill cotton, darling!). The adaptation is in the construction - I'm a more robust and neater "right sides together" girl, rather than "binding the edges with twill tape"....

Not a lot of progress to report on ANY of the other WIP's - I've reached the 32 week mark with the "growing a person" project and am shattered by 8.30pm! But Quilt Class starts again tonight so here's hoping they'll be an update of substance here soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home